Friday 17 August 2012

England in Rainy Day Shocker!

Hmmmm. Don't think that headline will hit the newspapers somehow. Needless to say, it's been a miserable, wet day today, so I finished work and went and did some shopping and cooking instead of taking the banana boat out for her maiden voyage :-( The good news though is that the weather forecast for tomorrow is hot (25 C - believe me, for England that is positively tropical!!) sun and cloud, so I'll definitely have her out on the canal tomorrow :-)

Whilst I was cooking today I was thinking about our 100 mile hike along Hadrian's Wall back in May and how I sat outside my tent and watched the kayakers dragging their boats into the water and paddling off into the picture postcard scenery. Here's a few more photos of our campsite:




Beautiful isn't it? Dawn and I have got a week off work in November and plan to take the caravan (and kayaks) here.

Anyway, back to the blog. As I haven't a trip to tell you about from today, I've been adding some info to the 'Types of Kayak' page which I hope you will find informative - it will be a week or so before it's actually finished, but there's some info on there to get you going.

I'll be back tomorrow to regale you with tales of banana boat (dry - hopefully) adventures.

Thanks for looking at the blog and please do make any comments you feel like - even if its a simple 'hello'. The stats are looking good and I'm getting visitors from all over the world - so, hi there, you're very welcome - please feel free to make any suggestions or to join the 'Followers'.


No comments:

Post a Comment